12 miles. White lies & tie dye.
- 12 miles (at heart…)
- 1 hour 59 minutes 37 seconds
- dog poop count: 1 (I saw it in action. *bonus point)
- old guys passing me in a very inspiring (albeit humbling) way: about 834
The White Lie
So… we actually only did 11 miles. <<gasp>> I know!! It pains me to admit this. It really does. But I couldn’t live with myself if I posted a falsity. Darn it, I knew when I pulled up to the church in under 2 hours that something wasn’t right. But if this should prove anything, at least it shows you I would never lie to you : )
Call it what you will, this was still the most fun I’ve had on a run so far. Kate and I took it slow, she with her nagging injury and I in my state of exhaustion. We opted for leisure and good conversation. Isn’t that the point of going to the training runs, anyway? If I wanted to run alone, I’d sleep in and run around my neighborhood.
Everything you can do at a bar, you can accomplish while running.
Instead we covered a whole host of topics: running, jobs, life and Kate’s amazing patterned running tights. Kate even had a friend join us at mile 8 to finish the distance with us. Will you look at that? Everything you can do at a bar, you can accomplish while running.
- we take shots. [of Gatorade, but that’s a minor detail]
- we snack. [on Gu and starburst, but it’s all relative]
- we chat.
- we meet new people.
- we look cute [enter Kate’s running pants]
- we court. [ case in point, my coach is now married to someone he met in training]
- and when we’re all done, we stumble home unable to stand up straight.
Amazing, isn’t it?
The Tie Dye
Most importantly, I want these. Not quite like Kate’s, but still awesome. Wish list!!!!!!
If you enjoy reading my blog and would like to help me reach my goal of $10,000 for underprivileged kids, I hope you might consider donating to a great cause like the Mass Mentoring Partnership!! : )